Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pucker up ladies and gentlemen...
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:58 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

Brian, a lot of people commute like that around here too. I commute 35 miles one way to work. When I don't work extended shifts (about half of the time) I ride the bus, which is completely paid for and supplied by the government strictly for use by shipyard workers only. I have a LOT of money by riding the bus. Even though I really hate riding it.

Schnitz, the last time I paid less than $90 to fill the 34 gallon tank in my Silverado was in 2006 right after I bought it. Tanks ran right about $88.

The cost to fill the tank in my 96 Accord just went over $50, but that's only 13 gallons or so. I still consider that a bargain since I had been relying on my truck as my sole mode of transportation for almost two years and it was running $95-$105/tank for most of that time. I've saved nearly $1500 in gas since I bought the Honda in December. The car cost me $3800 and I figure I'll make up the rest of the difference by the end of the year. And as an added bonus I keep the wear and tear down on my truck.