Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pulled rocker stud, and more? :(
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Last journal entry: 336 Stroker: Teardown
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well this is just giving me more and more trouble every time I touch it. Turn out the cam was shot, even with the new lifter there's no lift on that exhaust what so ever. >_> Luckily I got my hands on a free roller cam with lifters so now I just need to switch them out, right? Unfortunately wrong. The good tools that I'm going to be needing to take all of thsi apart this weekend are out at my shop (about 15 miles away), and I have no way of getting it there other than trying to get it to run and nurse it there. Anyhow now it won't run worth a crap, even worse than it did before I tore it down. Ya I know it's only running on 7 cylinders but heck, but it was before too, and atleast it could pull itself.

So now it's running extremely rich, which makes no sense since I never touched the carb while it was off. The new rockers are ticking slightly, my new valve covers were too tall causing the AC unit to move too far over and need a longer belt so I'm out power steering as well, AND I can't find an EGR block-off plate to same my life. All because of a 23 year old cam! Grrrr...

Are there any particular problems with running it on 7 cylinders, other than the horrible balance? I really don't care about bearing wear or anything else, as long as I can get it out there. We're most likely going to just finish up my other engine.