Pulling my hair out! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 01:18 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Wiki Edits: 0

Pulling my hair out!

After numerous close calls, a family member has finally done it. My 1969 Camare as a chip/gouge right on the body line on the passenger door. Chip is right on the apex of the crease approximately 12" away from the seam between door and fender. Car is painted in base/clear. Color is Chevy Sebring Silver (1998-2000 year I believe). Same color formula as 1969 Cortez Silver but a different "flop". Black SS "hockey stick" style stripes painted on car. Can this be spot repaired? Will the whole side of the car need to be painted? Give me the straight scoop, I can take it! Thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2006, 02:33 PM

Last photo:

It should be repairable if the bodyman can keep the repairs confined and small enough so there's enough room to blend. Do you have any left over paint from the original batch? Do you know what brand paint was used and formula for the color? A picture of the damaged panel would shed more light. ob
Old 04-14-2006, 03:09 PM
point on positive

Last photo:

Is a protective side moulding hiding the chip and then to both sides of the car an option?
Old 04-14-2006, 03:53 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

baddbob---I can get that from my cousin who originally painted it. There was very little paint left though. It long ago turned into a pancake! The body shop manager at the dealer I sell cars at has a little side biz and he will be repairing. If anyone can blend it, he can.

Milo---we are talking a '69 camaro here. Moldings do not go on this very distinctive body line that is a continuation of the line that starts on the wheel opening of the fender. It is this line that makes the '69 Camaro so distinctive and the classic it is.

Thanks for your replies! I feel better that it can be spot repaired.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.