Hot Rod Forum banner

Pump them up?

50K views 500 replies 11 participants last post by  Wezz 
#1 ·
Hi. Yesterday my new cam and lifters. Were dilivered But now im dnt know if i have to pump them up or put them in a container with oil. The edelbrock says no but a lot of people are saying yes . So what to do .. Thnx

#133 ·
The inner spring is called a "damper". Its job it to keep the spring from vibrating. At certain engine rpm, these vibrations can cause the spring to not work right, or to even break.

From Valve Spring Installation - Mopar Muscle Magazine

"At the bottom we have a typical single spring with damper, actually a factory 440 Magnum piece. This is not to be confused with a dual spring, above, which carries another true inner spring in addition to the main spring, and usually a damper."

#137 ·
I think you will like it a lot. It should push you back in the seat real good.

But how it runs also depends on the rest of the vehicle, especially the gears. Do I remember you saying you had an overdrive automatic transmission? If that's the case, that will help how it accelerates because the OD automatics have a low first gear.

What is the car or truck it's going in to?

#139 ·
BIG van. You did right by choosing a cam that will make good torque at a low rpm. I knew a guy who had a Chevy G10 van w/305 engine, he put a Comp 268H cam in it and it was so slow to accelerate that his mom (who he did the work for) refused to drive it! It had a TH350 and high rear gears which didn't help.

#142 ·
The pushrods are not needed Becouse it wil cost much more to ship them I have a friend in holland he has also a set 7.8. But the chekker i want it ! But i have no idea how i can get the tool here . And how to pat you 15 dolar is how much € If you bring it to the post office. With my adresse will it come to holland then?

#143 ·
Yes! I mail things to Belgium all the time to my family there in Liege Belgium, I dont see any problem that would arise mailing to Holland! By the way There is a memorial in Liege of my Uncle who set up a machine gun and held off the Germans advance alone till the allies came to rescue the town His name was Rene Boussart, My mother was in the underground fighting the German occupation! I used to vacation there it was great when I was a child I was amazed by Manneken Pis as a child He was always dressed in Alie'd uniforms!

Jester:thumbup:
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71098&stc=1&d=1360093533

Attachments

#144 ·
Hahah yes thatss the famous pissing boy Uhm but How is the. Payment working .. I heard u have to write on the envelope. That its a gift. For a frend in holland .. Right. ? And uhm may i ask how old u are. Becouse you talked about the germans haha

#150 ·
Is that meant for me Malc?, The shipping's not bad by mail we send gifts back and forth Between my cousins and I all the time and this part doesn't weigh much and I wont insure it. And a piece of stollen (not a loaf) or a piece of good marzipan (not a box full) Is a fair payment between hot rodders LOL:D

Jester:thumbup:

#166 ·
Wezz: I'm soon to be 67 Not quite as old as some old farts on here but I'm catching em fast LOL :mwink: look in the right hand corner of everyone's post and you will see their age and location!

Most don't fill out their profile and we cant tell, It would sure help if they did!!!! With knowing age ,location. we would have a much better Idea if they spoke English and what their elevation was when giving engine advice; age would let us know if it was a teenager or an adult we are trying to give advice to.

And Ill send you a dollar! You want a silver dollar or paper? I'll even Sign it for you if its paper LOL:thumbup:

Jester

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.