Pumpkin Run Pictures - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 08:04 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Pumpkin Run Pictures

Topfuel, is this you?

Here's part of a recap of the show I did at a message board I moderate on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The alarm goes off with a shrill scream. The harshness of it jerks me out of the calm warmth of sleep and back into the cold reality that is everyday life. Sit on the edge of the bed and stare at the clock for a minute or so. 5 AM. "Why do I do this" the voice of reason in my head asks. It's Saturday morning and I'm getting up in the dark to go to a car show. The sounds of a struggle and a violent beat down rattle around in my head. My passion and drive have once again smacked my reasonable side around like the wuss it is. Why do I do this? Because I freakin' love it man!

Hit the shower, brush my teeth and make some sandwiches, Pack the cooler and out the door. A few minutes later I'm standing in David's garage getting his 40 Ford ready to go. This year has kinda sucked not having my car to drive, but finally David's getting to enjoy his. The sound of the 383 stroker comin to life brings me out of my addlepated state. Now I'm completely awake and ready to go. The 40 slides easily out on to the asphalt of Rt 2 and begins to pick up speed as we head off on todays adventure. The moon's reflection off the bituminous surface that stretch's out if front of us seems to beckon us on. When Rt 2 meets up with the AA highway, David turns the beast to the west and lets the horses run for a few minutes till the fog starts to shroud the road in front of us. As we slow, the sound of ZZ Top fills the cabin of the hot rod and we sit back and enjoy the trip.

Within an hour we're in Maysville sitting in the empty parking lot of a Ponderosa Steak House. Waiting. The minutes pass and we question ourselves. "Are we in the right spot?" As David dials on his cellphone in his quest for an answer, I see them. "Never mind Dave, here they come."

A red 1948 Anglia in the lead followed by three other hot rods. A quick discussion about the best route to take and now were part of a pack that's headed for Ohio. Across the bridge into the Buckeye State and onto Rt 52/68, we're movin now!

Jim Pierce in his Camaro and Bruce Saucier in his 66 Chevy Truck.

After a quick stop in Ripley OH for some gas and a bite to eat it's non stop to the host hotel to register. North on 68 and the east on 32 to the holiday Inn. This year the host club decided to do offsite registration.

The Fastiques have been doing this show for 30 years and do a good job of it. But making people drive 8-10 miles out of their way, each way to register is a pain in the butt. Even without taking into consideration the outrageous gas prices. It's not enough to keep us from going back, just a fly in the ointment to take some of the fun out of getting there.

Once we backtracked to the fairgrounds we finally found a spot to park at the edge of Ford Country. Each of the big three manufacturers is represented by their own area in the infield of the track. They have awards for that area and separate dash plaques to go along with the event dash plaque as well.

Once we got parked everyone did a little cleaning on their rides. I say a little because there's no end to the dust thats being kicked up by the constant cruising and it's a losing battle to try to keep it off your car. So while they were cleaning I got a few pictures of some of the guys we came up with.

Rick Kiser - 1948 Anglia

Rich Hubble - Malibu

Bruce Saucier - 1966 Chevy Truck, pro street

I tried a couple times to get a good shot of Jim Pierce's Camaro but there were too many people around it. We headed for the swapmeet and then after inspecting a good portion of the old rusty parts there we headed for the front of the fairgrounds to check out the vendors row. Plus the good bathrooms are over there and I'd consumed one too many Ale-8's on the trip up. As we cut back across the infield I took a few pictures along the way.

The day had just started .............................
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures at http://photobucket.com/albums/b15/Ca.../PumpkinRun05/

Feel free to look around and borrow what ever you need there.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Cool,I enjoyed that.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

The red Anglia is tooo mean! Good pics. Dan
Old 10-09-2005, 11:06 AM

Last photo:

Cool pics, great narration. Hunter S. Thompson would have been proud.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:15 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 345coupe
Cool pics, great narration. Hunter S. Thompson would have been proud.

Thanks for the compliment. I just type whats in my head at the time.

Here's a few more pictures.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:01 AM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=JohnBailey]Thanks for the compliment. I just type whats in my head at the time.

Looking at pictures of a car show gets old after a bit. Having a narration is a great way to help convey the sights and sounds. Maybe this could be the start of something forum wise................
Old 10-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

These are 2 of my buddy's cars. The T on the left was built on a $4k budget in 2 years and the truck on the right has been a work in progress for about 10 years now. Both very cool rides.Notice the skull shift knob...it was carved out of a piece of firewood.

Later,
WEIMER

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.