Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Putting it back together (72 Nova)
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The car must have been hit fairly hard on the driver side because it push the drivers side where the fender and door,subframe all connect back about 3/8 in.even the pillar was pushed back.Before I found this I had smoothed the firewall.I got a friend that's a body guy to come over to see about pulling all that out and he said it would screw up all the work I've done on the firewall,he suggested leaving it alone.The only damage I could find to the rear frame was right inside the driver fender well looked like it may have hit a curb or something on put a pretty good dent in it.The way I found this out was I purchased another door and it would not fit, it was to long.We measured the pass side and found the problem where the opening was pushed back.The body shop had made the door shell fit the opening, they pushed the front where the hinges are in,no modification to the door skin.The windshield fixes,everything fixes and all the lines are all good just the problem with the radiator support. I guest I should have mentioned this before.I guest I should be happy with what I've got taking all the time I have spent trying to get as close as possible.Again thanks for all the help.