Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Putting it back together (72 Nova)
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Very good call Andy, my suspicion has always been rear end damage. It could very well be that the damage hadn't been addressed in the previous build of this car. The headlight eyebrow may have been rolled to make the molding mate up to the Fiberglass hood, not sure it's a picture, but we do know that the front sub-frame had damage.

I'm not a frame guy, meaning I don't do frames on a consistent basis, but...

In Nova1958's last post there are more measurements, measurements without a tram gauge get you relatively close, and relatively is not close enough especially when your "O" & "J" measurement is out 3/16 of an inch. 3/16th of an inch in the rear can be over an inch on the front when your lining your subframe up to the rear frame rails.

Now we find out that the floor and toe pans have been replaced, in post #7 it says " The only new sheet metal is pass.front fender,both rear quarters,everything else is factory". The car was on a rotisserie, is it here that the floor pans where welded in, where they welded in one at a time or all cut out and welded in together? Holes where enlarged to accommodate better front sub-frame adjustment, the list gets longer and with every addition, many more variables.

I'm thinking that someone has been given information to get them to this point. If Nova1958 is asking for information now, I think he probably asked for it before and the initial information was wrong. I'm looking at the body of work required to get it right and I need to think some more...?