Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Putting it back together (72 Nova)
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Ray, yeah the rear should be all straight, then move forward measuring off those rear frame members under the body. But we know this isn't going to happen at this point, so following Nova's request..."All I'm asking is it possible to take what I have and work with it to get it close,I'm not looking for perfect All I'm asking is it possible to take what I have and work with it to get it close, I'm not looking for perfect"

And with that, getting the sheet metal straight on the front then "making" the sub frame fit it, is all I can throw out there, what else can he do? You can't make the sub frame fit what is wrong behind it, you need to adjust the front sheetmetal and then make the sub frame fit it. Hopefully the rear axle will be straight and it should be. But honestly, this is funky obviously, but what else to do when you are this far and "asking is it possible to get it close"?

I have built many things that were far from my best work, what were the expectations on that particular car? My Rambler is miles from my best work, my Gran Sport is miles from my best work, but they meet my expectations for these particular projects and most people won't see the flaws. I am thinking doing as I suggested will get this little Nova back on the street with a smile behind the steering wheel.

Brian