Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Putting it back together (72 Nova)
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,150 Posts
The only difference between what we are saying is you are saying the correct way, square the sub frame to the body, THEN do the sheetmetal. I am saying the wrong way, but the "bestest" way in this particular project because I am not sure what you can measure off of to mount the sub frame square!

The A pillar is back on the left, the A PILLAR, the whole friggin corner of the body is back on the left, what do you have to measure from, hear me?

So I am saying this is going to have to be a "bestest" fit and a roundyround kinda job with fitting sheetmetal and going to sub frame and checking to be sure the whole front end IS square with the body, looking at MANY different points being A pillar isn't where it belongs.

You could measure off the straight stuff in the back and come forward finding all that is off and literally figure out exactly where that lower mount at the firewall is SUPPOSE to be, and put it there, you COULD do that, but I am not so sure that is going to happen on this car.

So I suggested the wrong way, to get it "close enough" for this daily driver. Sometimes it's just best to suggest "bestest" ways being the right way, well it's out of the question in this case unless he wants to go backwards big time.

Nova, if you want to go back and fix this stuff let me know and we can start over and get it all straight.

Brian