Q about brakes - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Q about brakes

Hi i have a question about my brakes. I put new e brake cables on my 96 1 ton. And i am maxed out on my adjustment on the cable. When i push down on the e brake it goes right to the floor and will not stop the truck from rolling. Does this mean that i have to adjust my brakes or does it mean the parts store sold me the wrong e brake cables.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 05:06 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

You need to tell us what brand truck you have to even guess
Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy8072002 View Post
Hi i have a question about my brakes. I put new e brake cables on my 96 1 ton. And i am maxed out on my adjustment on the cable. When i push down on the e brake it goes right to the floor and will not stop the truck from rolling. Does this mean that i have to adjust my brakes or does it mean the parts store sold me the wrong e brake cables.

what brand cable and # and what make truck and THIS IS THE BIGGIE what wheel base is the truck..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 AM

Last photo:

e brake

sorry about that. 1996 Chevy c3500 with 5.7 v8. Wheel base i be leave is a 131.5. It is a dully with drum brakes. The cables that i got came from Napa auto parts they don't say what brand they are witch is odd.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:00 AM

There are an awful lot of different cable selections. It seems like they change the style every year, however, if they're close enough that you can adjust them, it's likely that you have other problems.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.