Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Q About Zipper Foot
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 06:33 AM

Last journal entry: The Chevy Bench Seat - Part 52
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by horvath
Now I'm worried ... if I don't have a project to sew for a day or two, I know I'm gonna start going through withdrawal!
If you're anything like me, you know that as soon as people find out you can do this, you'll have LOTS of sewing to do. Last week my wife let it slip to a friend at work that I was learning to do this, and three people in her building have called her so far, each asking what I would charge to do various projects. She told them that I had been on the machine for less than a week and was just learning, and that seemed to satisfy them for now - lol. Wonder why? LOL!

Oh, on a semi related note - when you modified the treadle on your Tacsew, did you flip over the bracket on the foot pedal itself so that the rod connects to the pedal on the other side? I'm going to make that same modification this weekend, and that's what I'm going to have to do. I dug out a piece of 3/4" X 3/16" flat steel, and I'm going to drill it to fit the actuator arm on my motor, then drill it to accept the rod from the foot pedal. It'll extend that actuator arm about 9" overall. Hopefully it'll give me a bit more control.