Originally Posted by horvath
The real deal here though is to put a smaller pulley on the motor -- *that* made the biggest difference!
I looked at my machine when I checked out your webpage on the modifications you made to your Tacsew, and my handwheel and pully are one piece where it looks like yours are two separate pieces. I didn't get any further than that because I figured that since my machine is no longer made it would be pretty difficult to find a smaller pully for it. I'll dig around though.
My problem isn't as much wanting to make the machine run slower as it is wanting a bit more foot travel on the treadle before I reach top speed. The way it's set up now, I go from 0 to full bore just by pressing down on the pedal. This sucker's got a hair-trigger, and it's either off or on all the way - no in between. If the clutch in my car was this touchy, I'd be either starting in 3rd gear, or doing wheel stands - lol.
I adjusted the rods between the actuator arm and the pedal and that helped, but I think I need just a bit more "play" in there to smooth things out a bit more and give me a tad more control.