Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Q About Zipper Foot
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 06:24 PM

Last journal entry: The Chevy Bench Seat - Part 52
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by horvath
The pulley on my motor mounts onto a shaft via an allen screw ... yours should do the same, no?
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I just re-read the entire thread, your webpage, and the original thread where you discuss the modifications you made to your machine. You replaced the pully on the MOTOR not the machine! It's Old-Timers Disease, I tell ya...

I say again - duhhhhhhhh.......

In the immortal words of Emily Litella - "Never Mind!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
Before you screw around with the treadle and the linkage, you need to reduce the ratio between the top pulley on the sewing machine and the bottom pulley on the clutch motor.
The only reason I'm going to touch my treadle at all is because I have about 1/2 - 3/4 inch of pedal travel total. I need a bit more travel than that because basically the machine is stopped or it's running at top speed. I might as well just have an on-off switch rather than a foot pedal. I don't mind the speed, I just don't need it all the time. I know there's a mid range in there someplace, and I need to find it. I'm adjusting the linkage little by little and finding that I get a bit more pedal travel that way, but I think I've about adjusted that all I can. I'll probably end up looking for a smaller pully for my motor (now that I re-read everything and figured out the pully I need goes on the motor and not the machine - duhhhhhhhh,) but right now I need the pedal to be able to adjust the speed, no matter how fast that speed is.

Last edited by Dusty82; 03-17-2007 at 06:34 PM.