Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Q About Zipper Foot
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 04:54 AM

Last journal entry: The Chevy Bench Seat - Part 52
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by horvath
I haven't got a clue about what you guys are talking about ...

Sorry for the confusion, Alan. I was merely announcing my stupidity to all of the forum members. I had mistakenly thought that you had modified your machine by replacing the pulley on the machine, and not the pulley on the motor. That's why I mentioned the fact that the pulley and the hand wheel on the machine are one piece. Now that I understand that you replaced the pulley on your motor, I better understand what you were trying to tell me. Call it a blonde moment, Old-Timer's Disease, or just plain not paying attention. I just misread your posts, Alan, that's all.

Then I was trying to let Dan know why I am going to modify my treadle like you did - I need more pedal travel. The pedal travel on my treadle is such a small amount, I can't control the speed, except for just turning it on and off - it either runs flat out at top speed, or it's off. There's almost no "variable speed" action on this treadle at all. I don't really need to slow the machine down, I just need to be able to control how much speed I apply.

I guess in straightening myself out I confused everyone else - lol. Sorry about that.