Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Q-Jet Metering Rod Idea
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 08:10 AM
Blue Jay Racing

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I also "tinkered" with the q-jet secondaries for a racing application. I started by experimenting with rods only, and it seemed to change things more drastically than I wanted. Thought I was smart, so I changed jets then, trying to figure out the perfect combo. As adryan16 said, there are a LOT of combinations of rods/jets. Combine that with the need to gently lift the lid from a q-jet at the track, between laps, and I was getting a bit frustrated. I went back to the baseline combination and adjusted the rods and jets one change at a time as a set. That seemed to get closer to the results that I was after in the RPM range that I was looking for. Somewhere I found a chart that mated rods and jets for several applications, as well as some data on making changes. I'll dig around to see if I can find it. My advice is to change small, check the results, write it down, and change some more. Good luck. It just takes time, money and a good set of eyes and fingers to mess with q-jets!