quadrajet help!!! please> - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 01:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

quadrajet help!!! please>

hi my 1977 chevy impala comes with a 2bl car and i just got a 4bl quadrajet carb and intake. when i start my car i have to choke it by pushing the gass pedal all the way to the floor. if the quardajet i just got has an electric choke will that work for my car and how to hook that up

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 01:41 PM

Just hook it up to a switched 12v source. Don't go off the coil. You might need a special connector that goes over the metal pole on the choke. Make sure the carb is grounded.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 PM

re quad help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertz
Just hook it up to a switched 12v source. Don't go off the coil. You might need a special connector that goes over the metal pole on the choke. Make sure the carb is grounded.
so hook it up to my battery and were can i get the connector. also there are no wires on the carb how do i ground it. i have never messed around with carbs so i have no idea what im doing
Old 05-17-2010, 06:37 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977impala
so hook it up to my battery and were can i get the connector. also there are no wires on the carb how do i ground it. i have never messed around with carbs so i have no idea what im doing
You only want the thermostat's heating element "on" when the key is on, otherwise the choke will always be open.

Originally, the electric choke was triggered by an oil pressure sender that allowed the choke to heat up when the engine was started up. That can still be done if the sender is there still. IIRC, it was back by the distributor, and had 2 prongs on it.

Otherwise, use a wire that is only "hot" w/the key in the "run" or "run" and "start" position, dead in any other position. Usually there's a circuit in the fuse box for accessories that will work like this.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.