Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Quadrajet to Holley
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
The secondary top stuck when you tipped it in? That will do it.

Yes, the throttle shaft is gunked up. You can clean that. This so common, yo show remove the carb top and soak it. The screws holding the butterfly flaps on the shaft can be so tight thats it bends the shaft slightly causing this. Possible, not likely. Once the choke switch position or bend is fixed that will not be a problem.
Yes. Not bad, I didn't need a crow bar to free it or anything. But when I moved it by hand, it had a little stick to it. Like it hadn't moved for a while. Once I moved it, it freed right up for the entire range of its travel. I assume if it moves freely, then the upper flaps are functioning correctly, right? There isn't a vacuum line to open the upper flaps that I can see, they appear to open once the secondary butterflies open and air begins to move past them. They are hooked to a little vacuum puller, but that looks like its made to close them, not open them, another choke bypass maybe?