Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Quadrajet to Holley
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 01:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
It's funny that you guys like the Q-jet so much. Every time I take it anywhere the first thing other car guys notice is the carb. I took the car to lunch today and a guy looked the car over for maybe 15 seconds and said "Nice car, but you got to get rid of that Quadrajunk and put a Holley on there." that must be the 5th or 6th time I've heard that in less than a week!
those are all people who had one get out of tune and had no idea how to fix it. When I was young I was the same way, just bolt on a holley. I can tune a Holley with one eye tied behind my aching back.
For the Q-jet, I needed some help. On a car that see's a lot of cruising, the Q-jet is fantastic, great part throttle response, the best mpg this side of an EFI unit.

I used them on wagons, 4x4's, stockish muscle cars, anything thats built mainly for street use.

Even the Holley spreadbore carbs. need tuning, and wont get anywhere near the mpg that the Q-jet can pull down. They will make the car seem faster, but for the cost you can get your Q-jet professionally restored and calibrated for your motor.