Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Quadrajet tuning '67-'69 Firebird Sprint
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickth View Post
I could post mine, but too lazy to prep it for posting right no. You can see lots of the on the OHC-6 forums.

Pontiac Overhead Cam SIX Forum Forums

The Original poster might ask some questions there too. But I also have a comment on his needs. I have been monitoring ebay daily for 6 months and haven't seen one listed yet for my 67 ZD Sprint, which is the original OHC H.O version.

There are much cheaper cores available than that particular carb.
Thanks for the referenced link. I had done a fair amount of searching through the various Pontiac forums and could not find much in connection to my project. I did not post or become a forum member to those forums because I thought that this forum (Hot Rod) would have folks with more experience with adaptations for so many different engine configurations; and, so far, it has come through nicely.

I also discovered, from weeks of searching, that there are precious few Firebird Sprint carburetors to be had, and those I did find had a price tag that exceeded the equity in my home. But, it is understandable. On the other hand, the options I have been given by Cobalt347, have put me in a vast field of low hanging fruit. Easy pickings, and in my price range; not to mention the vast collection of knowledge and reference material he generously provided.

Cheers,
Norman C