Hot Rod Forum banner

Quality hose clamps dirt cheap!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
Instead of using the cheap hose clamps you buy at the local chain auto parts and hardware stores that tend to strip when you put to much torque on 'em..........try these.

Next time you're at the local Pick-N-Pull mosey on over to the high end import section. Pop the hood on some BMW and Mercedes and grab several sizes. I've gotten 'em as small as 1/4" and as big as 4" (in millimeters though).

The slots are louvered (much stronger) and the clamp edges are beaded and rolled (also much stronger). Made in Germany too, not Taiwan or India........yes, there is a difference! They even have the sizes stamped on them in millimeters. Being stronger they're able to be much thinner also.

Check out the comparison. The cheap ones just have slots stamped in them, sharp edges and they're much fatter. The German ones you can torque on 'til your hearts content! One time I paid $.25 apiece and another time they just waived me through. I use these all over the roadster!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.