Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "Quench" *Caution* Quench comes up alot in this post!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:33 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg T View Post
Must be nice to be so much smarter than the guys that have been building and hotrodding much
longer than you've been alive.
I'll never understand this ^^^ thinking..
look around, at any racing discipline. and look at the ones that are in the engine rooms.. building power that most could only dream of..
not many 60+ y/o in the room..
in fact they are the ones that tend say. it can't be done..
most said we'd never see speeds like bill eliots t-bird at superspeedways again because of the restrictor plate.. guess they where wrong..

yes guys that have been going for 30+ years have allot of good info in their gray matter..
but guys that have been learning from age 10 and are under 35 are running circles around the old pro's
so I can't see where this always comes up.. that younger means not as smart or smarter..

I think mouses post was a good one.. and pointed to things that some that ask about their build might never even think of. and most times don't have to..

cause deburing and rounding of the sharp edges of the valve releafs and spark plug threads, and anyother sharp points in the piston or champer. will do more to "quench" pre ignition than any "quench pad" measurement

Last edited by gearheadslife; 11-22-2012 at 05:39 AM.