Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "Quench" *Caution* Quench comes up alot in this post!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
I've worked with a few older guys that really have gained some insightful information through the years- and I've worked with a lot more that are WAY out of date on their information and techniques; or have found methods that require the least amount of effort from themselves to accomplish a job, not the ones that necessarily produce the best results but acceptable ones.

There's a very good reason why "fresh and new" talent is sought after by many large scientific/industrial/tech firms; depending on the industry something 5 years old can be completely obsolete.

I'm not saying the youngest around is best, but it does have a LOT of advantages over the oldest around that shouldn't be cast away.

You can also do something wrong for an entire 50 year career- it doesn't make it any more right at the end than at the beginning though. And yes there are a lot of areas where the "wrong way" will still work good enough to get results, just not optimal results.

In the end age has VERY little to do with how well a job is performed, often it comes down to ambition and intelligence.
Yes I agree... we have some very smart young people out there.. But in the HP world I'd rather see proof at the track or dyno rather than someone reading a book or the net and coming up with unproven combo's.

I have great respect for these young guys at the track with the ricer's. The Turbo car's are making amazing power and running good number's. Again they're at the track proving it..