Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "Quench" *Caution* Quench comes up alot in this post!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 02:34 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet6t9 View Post
Yes I agree... we have some very smart young people out there.. But in the HP world I'd rather see proof at the track or dyno rather than someone reading a book or the net and coming up with unproven combo's.

I have great respect for these young guys at the track with the ricer's. The Turbo car's are making amazing power and running good number's. Again they're at the track proving it..

let me ask this, without some wise ***** reply..
do you think smokie came up with he's game changing ideas, by following the older folks set in stone thinking..
or was it' his, we'll lets try this, and maybe that , and well. that didn't work the first time, but lets see if the outcome is different, now that we've got this other thing to work..
to many dismiss those younger, as not having the "proof" to back up any thing, but look at me, I got 35 years in the biz...
age has nothing to do with anything.. other than more time in.. doesn't always = better..
sometimes the old guards are to stuck in their ways to try anything different and just dismiss it..
not all, just like not all young people are stupid