Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - "Quench" *Caution* Quench comes up alot in this post!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
experience is good when it comes to building a car to go class racing. But once you have tapped the knowledge then your experinces is done.

You will be needing someone to run the number into the calculator every week until they find some more power. The most guy with experience only is not going to break new ground on a regular bases. If you want to go faster every week you need some double E degrees. and deep pockets to try **** the calculator says will work only to find out the metal in the rods or crank wont take it. Then you got to find ways to make it work or move on to another avenue for perfromace.

Age still does not matter. Experience will only take you to stage one with a class racing car. Every trick in the book is useless once the competition is doing it as well.

Now if you have experience and some strong math and computer skills you can do a lot with a race car and these people all have jobs. Let me assure you. The young guys mostly work for the indy teams and the older guys with those skills work for Factory or some other larger race teams. Or in the automotive design department of major manufacturer like edelbrock and GM.

double E? really? maybe for ignition or sensors. Try mech e, materials e, aero e, chemical e, metallurgical e, etc. BTW, I went to an engineering school, and am very familiar with guys that do all o fthose things and what the differences of each field are. My schooling was in civil e- so you'd need me for the dragstrip, not so much on the car. (don't get me started on how little some mechanical engineers know when it comes to cars though- like anything else there are good and bad engineers in every field)