Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question on 1996 Lumina
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Question on 1996 Lumina

As stated working on a 96 Lumina. After getting past the Vats system on it and getting the car started it has a issue. I can start it and leave it at idle for 10 minutes, all's okay. Get in, put it in gear, go 30 yards it goes dead and won't fire back up for several hours. Only code I get is 341, camshaft position sensor. However I know it'll run without it so it made me think of the next culpruit, the crankshaft position sensor. Years ago on another vehicle that was similiar to this one I ran into the same problem, I replaced the crank position sensor and the problem was solved. It too never gave a crank sensor code. The one on it is coated with grease and oil, but I don't think that effects it much on how it works. I was reading the bigger possibility is the PCM has gone bum. I want to get other opinions on this before I bother changing the crank position sensor, as this car belongs to a old lady on a really strict budget. Any help is appreciated.