Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question About A 350 Roller Setup
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
SurfMurf

Wiki Edits: 0

In response to your question:
I bought a Howards CL-110255-12;
Specs are: Int 284 deg & .510 advertised lift Exh 288 deg & 530 adv lift. See website for lift at .050.
It is installed in the engine, but the engine is not yet in the truck. Much to do before the engine goes in.

This cam was recommended to me by Howards after I gave them a full description of the 302 I was building, all tolled.

The owner, Steve Trimm, of Godwin and Singer of St. Petersburg, FL, the shop that did the machine work and assembly for me, a 40+ year mechanic and machinist and Tom, the man who actually did the machine work on my engine and assembled the engine (I had too much money in it to risk doing it myself) did things I would not have known of though I have built several automobile and a couple of submarine engines over the past 50+ years, both felt it was a very good cam. (Steve had a Howards cam case on his shelf.)

The engine is a 1969 SBC 302 (the original & best of the 302 Z-28s # 3932386), but with 3-2s and the Roller Cam Set plus some head work on the original Z heads (# 3927186). The CL means Cam and Lifters. Rockers are separate. I stayed with 1.5 ratios 'cuz I'll have a total lift of about .750 inches (a goodly bunch for a street machine). At age 73 this is my 2nd street rod.
Built a 440 cu 348 with two E series (the biggest) Carter carbs (looked like two trash cans on the engine) & a 13.5 CR with a B&M hydro and put it in my '56 Vette in the mid 60s. It was a beast, engine was TOOOOO big. That was so long ago I forgot a bunch about other than pretty-much normal street engines over all those years, so I farmed this one out. Murf