question about body fillers (evercoat) - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2004, 04:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

question about body fillers (evercoat)

i got a gallon of filler from my local auto body store about 3-4 months ago when i started this project. Im still not done with the car but i am out of filler. (not that much on the car, but since it was my first attempt i wasted a lot, either by sanding a lot off, mixing wrong, or didn't move fast enough). Well the stuff i was using is from evercoat, called super everflex, part number 100248. The stuff is light blue. I liked the stuff, although nothing to compare it to, but now i cant find it anywhere. I looked on evercoats website and it does not show it. I have not called the place i got it from, because now i am getting my supplies from somewhere else. So now what do i use?
Also i got a panel the what overlapped another, and spot/plug welded together that i need to fill the seam to get smooth. This is on the hood so it will have to be as close to perfect as possible. Should i use evercoats metal to metal for this? Can i use that on the rest of the spots on the car as well?

I looked but could not find anything on what types of filler to use where, unless i just missed it.
like always thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2004, 04:58 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

i'm partial to rage or rage gold from evercoat.
be proud that most of the filler ended up on the floor. thats a good thing. with experience and practice, you'll learn to mix up less, apply it to a bigger area, and do so more often...making that gallon go farther.....

does the seam your covering up have any movement to it or is it rigidly in place? if it won't ever move, i'd use rage. if it is going to flex, i'd go allmetal, but if it does move, your going to end up with cracks.

you can use allmetal filler everywhere, but it's hell to sand when it's kicked.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:29 PM

i use 3m zebra for a couple coats then evercoat metal glaze over that it works fine with me that what we use at my job i like it you should try it you can get it for a bout 100$ for 5 gallons at www.autobodydepot.com great stuff
Old 11-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

I work exclusivly with Evercoat products, I have thier catalog in front of me and there is nothing called "Everflex" and I have never hear of it. It does sound like a "flexable" filler for plastic bumpers or something. Evercoat makes a product call "Polyflex" but no Everflex that I can find.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:50 PM

Last photo:

i can take a picture to show that im not out of my mind. It has a light blue lable with white writing, and on the top right where the numbers are it has a smaller 100, followed by a larger 248.
Says it is light weight filler , with their no clog stuff, x something. Then it says real big letters super everflex.
Since it is just a few months old could it be something new to in the catalog or website?
ill get picture in the morning
Old 11-12-2004, 10:46 PM

Last photo:

I believe you You are very right that it could be too new to be there. When I was a rep for Sherwin Williams it would tick me off how they would have a product for a year without getting it on the web site. The catalog I can understand, but the web site,there is no excuse for that.

The 248 number is a "catalog number" but doesn't match up with anything in the catalog I have.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:27 AM

Last photo:

as for the 248, not sure. You know how all the evercoat products (that i have seen)have 100 then 3 larger numbers after that? Thats how this one is, 100 248, i am assumuing (yea i know, bad to do) that its the part number.
I guess i will have to go back to my local paint store..
Old 11-13-2004, 06:39 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by MARTINSR
I believe you You are very right that it could be too new to be there. When I was a rep for Sherwin Williams it would tick me off how they would have a product for a year without getting it on the web site. The catalog I can understand, but the web site,there is no excuse for that.

The 248 number is a "catalog number" but doesn't match up with anything in the catalog I have.
I never herd of it either.

But one thing FE and Dynatron are famous for, if your a chain of part stores or a big jobber is they will take one of there standard fillers and make a name for you so no other jobber has that name.
This has been going on for years.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:00 AM

Last photo:

Barry, but I doubt "Evercoat" would be on the label right? Like NAPA's "Martin Senour brand" plastic filler is made by Evercoat, if you weren't on the "inside" you would never know.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:58 AM

Last photo:

Usually its under a different label.
But have seen it done for big independent jobbers in past, only a few times but what companies won't do to get the business!
Old 11-13-2004, 12:46 PM

Last photo:

i went back to my local paint store again today to see if they still had the stuff. The regular guy i talk to was off and they were about to close so we couldnt talk long. They did have the same stuff, but i ended up getting evercoat's rage gold instead for the regular body work then evercoat's metal to metal for the hood and scoop.
Just to show that im not out of my mind i got a picture of the stuff i used (if it works)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 178.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	3034  

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.