Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - question about mp brakes setup
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 08:37 PM

Last journal entry: more pics
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

question about mp brakes setup

i bought a mp brakes set for my 38 olds coupe installed it today it was a universal 7 inch duel booster setup. i made the bracket sit flush with the bottom of my dash . now the prob is the bottom of the pedal sits 12 inches off the floor and i have it set to the back hold on the mount and it is 12 inches off the fire wall i haven't put fluid in but it says to set pedal so that 1 1/2 out from floor when bottoms out where it is set up at with this measurements im 1/4 inch from floor when bottoms out i was thanking of adding 6 inches to the pedal length but then i would have 9 to 1 ratio instead of the 6 to 1 ratio but the 12 inch off the fire wall wont work . any ideas next would to return it and get a Manuel set up from wilwood. but i would like to have the power setup. also the pedal length is 12 inches and they don't make there pedals longer and i cannot go under the floor i only have 5 inches to depress the pedal tell it hits the tranney bell housing . thanks kelly