Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question about vehical weight and engine question
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 07:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Question about vehical weight and engine question

hi everybody, how are you?, i just have a question about vehical body weight, well anyways i have a 1980 Ford F150, i don't know how much it weights, but anyway would it equal put to be about the same as a 1985 Camaro or firebird, the reason i ask this is because yesterday i saw a camaro or firebird drive down the street and the driver must of saw me looking at the car because he just stepped on the gas and that way that car sounded and the speed it gained was unbelieveable, well i will get to the point the main point is that i want my truck to do that, right now it has a Ford 302 stock in it, i want that truck mainly for playing around with and also so i can pull up beside someone that wants to rev there engine up beside me and i will win, so basically i just want more power. i know it weights quite abit but is there any suggestions, i really want to but a rebuilt 351W in it, but i want the power that the camaro or firebird was getting, i will even put a Chevy motor in it, because where i live there much cheaper to rebuild then a Ford.

So all answers would be appreiated.
thanks.