Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question on Cutting a gas tank
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 PM

Last journal entry: fish carb
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-tek
You're absolutely right and I didn't mean to come off that harsh. Net-speak always trends to that side. Maybe I've spent too much time on GJ.com where guys who have never done anything are always the first to come running with a safety net....

That being said, I totally disagree with the "do not try this at home" mantra. If you have a brain, are thoughtful (like the OP obviously is since he said he realizes the risks) and ask others with expereince how to go about it, then you should be able to do anything. So lets give USEABLE advise on doing it and doing it safely - not "I do it, but you shouldn't". I hate that.
Yeah man its cool!
Look Smokey lowered a spark plug hooked to a live and firing coil into a 55 gal drum half full of gas to prove a point(no fire no explosion) then he lowered a lit propane deal into the same drum(KABOOM!!) proves flame ignition is better than spark ignition any day.
I dont know what GJ.com is,you know sometimes little fish in big ponds can learn a lot.
Ok dissagree all you want! Its your rite,but dont tell the guy to do it............
Its up to him!!!!!!
So maybe you are right,maybe I only have half a brain,but I still got it...use all of it too,,