Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question for guys from 50s and 60s re: appearence
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Part of the reason why I asked you guys; is I like the anecdotes that always seem to come up.

So there was a basic timeline, it would be:
wires
steel wheel (with or without caps) and apparently all red according to OSR pictures
Chrome Rev
'Mags'
Billet

The 70 chevelle looked well done; it just looked unique I guess; since mot have cragars, stockers (steelies and piepans or Rallyes) or torqthrusts here. My old man is one of the few with original 5 slots (ansens); the repop ones have a really shallow dish and look downright weird to me on the back of a car, like mounting a front wheel on the back.

Theres a 64 Nova here with glas front fenders, flat hood, glas bumpers; rev dish on the back and 5 slots on the front. It looks mean as hell and has a punched out 327 with something like a 270 Magnum cam in it and 2 4bbls. We did the M20 for the guy; so I got to talking to him, it has 14" rims, not 15s on it. The thing flat out rips and the guy who owns it is in his late 70s and isnt afraid to pin the tach. LOL I love it