Hot Rod Forum banner

Question on leaking kickdown cable

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  poncho62 
#1 ·
I have a Turbo 350 in my 55 chevy. I've had two of those flexible billet kickdown cables in the car, and both leaked at the junction of the flexible braided shaft and the aluminum housing that goes into the transmission. The company admits that once they leak there, they're junk.
I decided to replace with a factory type cable just to fill the hole. I don't really need the kickdown with a two-four barrel setup. In addition, the stock black cable is nearly impossible to adapt to the carb setup and it looks like crap with all the chrome and polished stainless, etc. etc. The stock cable leaks also but I just discovered it may require a sealing sleeve I didn't know about before. I would really like to just eliminate the whole thing if that's possible. Is there a way to seal that kickdown hole and run without the cable? ... or is that a bad idea?? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.