Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question on Mig Welding - HOW to
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 06:01 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've been using an auto for a while, miller $350 it has a bunch of setting on it but its still kind of , i don't know, not just right, there is always some little thing, like it goes dark when I don't want it to and the flip mech is a real P.O.S. I prefer it for tig or if i have a long row of tacks, but if I am just blowing mig wire or stick I just go grab my old Jackson wide screen.

Now one little thing to think about If you are right handed....and you are insistent on pushing don't take it over literal. your wire entry should not be at more than about a 30 degree angle.... does that make sense? Its not a scraper. and you have to pick your position so if your right handed you can weld from left to right that way you can see your puddle all the time , if you go right to left the gun will get in the way and you wont be able to see what you are doing.
tip 2 stick you face in there thats why you have a hood, your glass should be 8-10" away until you figure out what it is that you are looking at. don't be a chicken just wear ear plugs so you don't get a flaming spark of death in your ear. Try and post some pictures.