Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question on Mig Welding - HOW to
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:46 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Most times, unless i am putting down something big, i don't make letters. I just go front to back, kind of like a scraping motion. lead it a little to stick the root and then back up to build it up. these are just quick little flips. I keep meaning to do some little passes and taking some pictures but time is well money. If I feel like screwing around and my weld face is 1/2" or better I will make a "P" loop because my first name is Patrick.It never really looks like a "p" just a weld but whatever. The angle that you approach the weld also makes them different. It's hard to explain but you can kind of" bounce or bank" the weld to prevent unwanted undercut, Undercut when the weld leaves scars in parent material.

The best and prettiest, is a nice hot ,rounded face fillet with no oscillation, oscillation leaves puddle makes more like a tig weld where the other is just a nice smooth weld, all preference really.