Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question on Mig Welding - HOW to
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:57 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Thats a very good safety lesson Brian,, I can certainly attest to the damage welding can do to your eyes,,, I know all of you have seen these PROFESSIONAL rod builders on T.V...Tac welding something WITHOUT a hood of any kind,,,that is about the most stupid thing you can do,, I have done it for years,, now I am starting to pay the consciences,, My eyes have gone from 20/20 to cataracts in about 10 years,, My vision was getting pretty bad a couple of years ago,, so I thought I needed new glasses,, when checking my eyes for glaucoma,, the dr said I had VERY high tolerance for bright light, HUMMM I thought ,,, I been getting to much welding flash,,, but its a little too late to worry about that now,, I have to go in and have cataracts surgery next month,, Dr says its caused from either too much direct SUNLIGHT???? and aging [more like too much welding with out a hood, TACING or otherwise, its still flashing]
So be good to your self and use a good helmet,, regardless of the type,
the same goes for the other safety equipment also,, Bill

Last edited by Bill Parten; 11-12-2005 at 10:10 AM.