Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question on Pro Comp Heads on SBC and intake matching
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k600f4

It was a matter of time that someone would make mention of the pro comp heads....I am very aware of their reputation The fact is I did not choose the components of the engine build and I agree if I was building the engine or having it built I would of did things different on the heads and intake....honestly I don't have the coin to start swapping out heads and intakes due to the $ I have invested on this new engine. Just wondered if others experienced similiar problems and if there was a solutions.

Thanks techinspector on the article on getting the intake machined..

Sounds like the problem is more of the heads than the intake......

Since you're contemplating an intake purchase, may I suggest that you ebay the scrap aluminum that you have and buy something else from a reputable manufacturer? Even if they're cast iron, Dart, World Products or even Summit stuff you likely gain horsepower and have no more problems. I know this isn't what you want to hear but the fact is that you'll spend more to correct this situation than it would cost to just eliminate it altogether.

Larry