Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question on Pro Comp Heads on SBC and intake matching
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 05:55 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

heads

stroke,
This guy is one of my best friends. We have been friends since we were like 8 years old and grew up together. I know he wouldn't try and stick it to me. He bought the bare castings from jegs, and had them assembled at the local machine shop with all comp and manley parts. he's got right around 800 in them. The main reason he switch to the AFR's is cuz they were free. His mom and dad are loaded and he just had a birthday. They didn't know he had already bought the PC's, but thought he was still needing a set so they got him the AFR's as a b-day present.

I wish i could get a present like that, used to be lucky if i got a card with 20 bucks in it, now, i get nothing my baby boy is the one getting spoiled. But that fine with me, I'd rather work for my stuff anyway I'll appreciate it more and take better care of it in the long run.

This same friend also has a set of flotek heads just sittin around that actually used to be his dads. He had them on a 350 in an s-10 that threw a rod threw the side of the block after the 4th or 5th pass, with a 300 shot of nos. His Dad never build another motor so thier just sittin. I was told they were the same chinese casting marketed by TSCH, but i really don't know for sure. Those flotek's came with all the valves and hardware already in them from god knows where. thats why I wanted the PC's instead, the comp components and manely swirl polished valves. I also said that wrong, I don't just go with anything aftermarket. However, these heads on my engine will take my CR from 9.7:1 to 11.1:1, and they have the larger 202 intakes, and a larger, cleaner 210cc intake runner that will definitely flow better. I did actually ride in his truck with thoses heads on it but it was WAY out of tune thats why i really couldn't tell but he said it did very well once he got it all lined out. I know they aren't gonna be as good as AFR and i don't expect them to be. I am really looking to pick up around 50 HP, I'm prolly around 375 hp right now, if those heads put me at 425 HP and 410TQ i would be happy. Any info would be great, thanks
Danny