Question on Pro Comp Heads on SBC and intake matching - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 AM
406 Caprice:Rust Never Sleeps!

Wiki Edits: 0

See last response to your other thread
Quote:
Help on recent 383 rebuild burning oil
. -Jim

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2008, 04:14 PM

Last photo:

heads

Hey I was just wundering how long you have had this motor running with those heads and what kinda power it had. I got a buddy thats trying to sell me a set with around 500 miles on them for $400 cuz he went to AFR instead. Seems like everyone bashes them cuz of where they come from, but its hard to find info from folks that are actually using them. Any numbers would be appreciated, HP, TQ, Et's MPH in quarter. thanks
Danny
Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 PM

Last photo:

stock

by the way I dont expect the world from the, Just somthing a little better than what i got which are the stock 69' chevelle 350 heads with 194/150 valves and 76cc chambers. I think most anything aftermarket would be an improvement if they work.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Stroke Meister

Last photo:

Quote:
I think most anything aftermarket would be an improvement if they work
'Most anything' aftermarket does not mean it is any better than oem. There are thousandss of 'aftermarket' parts that you can waste your money on. Personal friend decided to buy some 'aftermarket' roller rockers for his BBC street/strip TA. Well, those pretty, and cheap, rockers lasted a whole 400 miles. They are called ___ ____. I'd be wary of any 'good' heads being sold for $400, especially 500 miles 'new'. If they were any good at all why did he change them after only 500 miles??? I can assure you, his AFR's are in a class beyond the realm and reach of those el cheapos, even if they are old AFR heads. This is just typical... IMHO
Old 09-29-2008, 05:55 AM

Last photo:

heads

stroke,
This guy is one of my best friends. We have been friends since we were like 8 years old and grew up together. I know he wouldn't try and stick it to me. He bought the bare castings from jegs, and had them assembled at the local machine shop with all comp and manley parts. he's got right around 800 in them. The main reason he switch to the AFR's is cuz they were free. His mom and dad are loaded and he just had a birthday. They didn't know he had already bought the PC's, but thought he was still needing a set so they got him the AFR's as a b-day present.

I wish i could get a present like that, used to be lucky if i got a card with 20 bucks in it, now, i get nothing my baby boy is the one getting spoiled. But that fine with me, I'd rather work for my stuff anyway I'll appreciate it more and take better care of it in the long run.

This same friend also has a set of flotek heads just sittin around that actually used to be his dads. He had them on a 350 in an s-10 that threw a rod threw the side of the block after the 4th or 5th pass, with a 300 shot of nos. His Dad never build another motor so thier just sittin. I was told they were the same chinese casting marketed by TSCH, but i really don't know for sure. Those flotek's came with all the valves and hardware already in them from god knows where. thats why I wanted the PC's instead, the comp components and manely swirl polished valves. I also said that wrong, I don't just go with anything aftermarket. However, these heads on my engine will take my CR from 9.7:1 to 11.1:1, and they have the larger 202 intakes, and a larger, cleaner 210cc intake runner that will definitely flow better. I did actually ride in his truck with thoses heads on it but it was WAY out of tune thats why i really couldn't tell but he said it did very well once he got it all lined out. I know they aren't gonna be as good as AFR and i don't expect them to be. I am really looking to pick up around 50 HP, I'm prolly around 375 hp right now, if those heads put me at 425 HP and 410TQ i would be happy. Any info would be great, thanks
Danny
Old 10-10-2012, 06:14 AM

pro comp says that they recommend a fel-pro intake gasket# 1266 it's 1/8 thick as opposed to the 1205 or 1206 u r using,which is 1/16 thick,having the same problems

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.