Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question for the Pro's
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 58
Posts: 15,426
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 4,192
Thanked 3,587 Times in 2,677 Posts
I am no pro interior guy but there is no way I would use that AM rubber chrome moulding. I would find a real stainless moulding that would work. Finding this moulding may not be easy, you may need to put off that part of the project for a few months of swap meet and wrecking yard hunts. You know, funny thing is I have one! It just hit me I have a couple of extra door panels for the 65 Skylark that have a chrome strip about 40 inches long. They are straight, with a pointed end and about 1/4" tall. Does that sound like something you could use?

I know one time years ago I picked up a couple of worn out 50 Chevy Belair door panels and pulled all the chrome off them and there was a bunch! I have all that chrome tied together sitting out in my shed awaiting my truck project.

Reply With Quote