Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Question for the Pro's
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
not every guy with an old car,, wants or NEEDS that. all the way to metal..

take my 86 SS 8700 miles.. never titled till 2001
never hit, never anything other than the paint is 26 y/o and tired from lack of care.. it doesn't NEED or warrant a down to metal repaint..
as the paint is tired from the showroom rub down it got way tomany times.. that killed the paint..

not many are dumping 10k on a paint job on a 1500.oo -10k car..
and there are tons of these in the hobby. no matter if YOU don't do them
Your right...that car may not warrant a 10K paint job....so don't put one on. It all depends on what you want...if you want it done correctly and you want it shinny and you want it straight and you want it to last...if you can't do it yourself but have a good friend that can...be prepared to pay. If you want it painted, there are many places that will put color on your car for a very reasonable price...but it's going over top of, in your words "the paint is 26 y/o and tired from lack of care..".

If that's what you want...your call...there's nothing wrong with that, as I mentioned, there are many places and people that would do that, I wouldn't, it's my name and reputation that I'd be worried about. If I painted a car like that and something happened....The first question would be, who painted that car??? Not, didn't you want that car stripped? or, Why didn't you get it done properly in the first place? It always lands on the guys lap that agreed to do it for cheap...If I do it right, and something goes wrong, at least I would know what I was working with be able to fix it easier, knowing what's underneath.

Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
cyclopsblown34 (12-28-2012)