Question on turbine spraying systems - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Nostalgic Racing Decals

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Question on turbine spraying systems

I have been looking into purchasing a turbine spraying system and I have a few questions first.

There are a number of them on the market and some our single stage or 2.3.or 4 stage and the brands I see are American Turbine and their sprayfine A-301 hvlp system, Accuspray which is now a 3-M company product and TP-90, and a few more.

I understand that with these turbine units the way they use warm air that it does away with the old fish eye problems.

I would like to hear from others who have used any of these brands and get their opinion on the pro's and con's of using these types of spraying systems.

I have read that over spray is really kept to a minimum with these systems and that you use a great deal less paint.

Can these same guns be used for primers and sealer?

I also realize that there is a learning curve when starting to use these style of systems.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

Jimbo

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 PM

Last photo:

I have an inexpensive earlex system and have sprayed everything from epoxy to single stage paint. It's single stage so I'm forced to use a slow reducer (and lots of it) to offset the low psi and heat. Each stage adds an additional 2 psi so a 3 stage unit would save you from having to do all the experimentation to get a decent finish.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Nostalgic Racing Decals

Last photo:

Thanks for that tip

I have read stories about these turbine systems and I understand that the older models did not work as well as many of the newer models seem to work.

One friend of mine as now shoot about 10 shows car using one made by Turbine Products and he swears it works perfectly every time.

A few cool features seem to be no more fish eye problems and he say's it uses a lot less paint with very little over spray.

I also like the idea of how portable the unit is just in case I wanted to shoot a car at a different location.

I hope others let me know their experiences with these different types of turbine systems.

I think a 3 stage is the best way to go and I might even consider trying to spray water base since PPG and others have decided to start selling the product for base coat clear coat work.

Jimbo

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.