Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Questions about going with 1" drop springs
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM
The stance looks really good...I wouldn't mess with it unless your looking to improve the handling and and how the car rides. As old as the car is the springs have settled a lot. One thing you run into using drop springs is that you will reduced your suspension travel. New springs will definatly stiffen the ride compared to the old springs and bring the car back up a bit maybe. I lowered a 1990 GMC pickup and used 2" lowering springs in the front. Man did I regret doing that. The handling and suspension travel were crap. The next truck I did I used drop spindles which keeps the amount of travel the same...just lowers the vehicle. Just remember...align the car after you make any changes. Good luck!!
That's just the thing..........the stance is great right now, but I was thinking of replacing the springs since I currently have the rear end disassembled, and I am getting ready to tear out the front end and upgrade all the bushing, ball joints, etc. I would hate to change the stance, especially if a 1" drop spring actually raised the car. Since I don't know how much the original springs have sagged, even the 1" drop spring could give me results that I don't want.

Maybe I need to reconsider and put this money elsewhere. Thanks for the feedback.