questions about swapping to magnum roller rockers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2004, 12:51 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

questions about swapping to magnum roller rockers

im planning on swapping my stock stamped rockers for some comp cams magnum rollers and have afew questions. 1. what are your experiences with the quality of these rockers? 2. are these rockers simply roller tipped or are they a true roller rocker? 3. would i want the 1.52 or 1.6 ratio? (the motor is a 283 bored 30 over, edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock 600cfm carb, 270 duration cam, accel pro billet distributor, flat tops, etc. the heads are off a '69 vette with 1.94 valves and 64cc chambers, (not sure of the actual casting numbers) ). im happy with the performance in general except it is a little doggy off the bottom. this motor is fresh with about 15000km on it. so should i go with 1.52 or 1.6? 4. is it necessary to replace any other part of the valvetrain when doing the rocker swap? 5. what differences will i likely notice when switching to these? decreased valve noise? more power? anything else?
thanks alot for your help.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Muscle car fan

Last photo:

Re: questions about swapping to magnum roller rockers

you should probalby change pushrods as well

i'm happy with my set of magnums, seem like a very quality part. the magnums are roller tipped, i think the pro magnums are the full roller.

I opted to go with more lift to help the heads breathe some more, but not sure what to advise you
Old 10-05-2004, 05:43 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: PICTURE TEST
Last photo:

rockers

1. I have ran these rockers on some daily driver engines i have built and put more then 50k/60k and never no drama from them. It's one of those aftermarket products that are trouble free...

2.They are stock style center pivot with a roller tip. IMO perfect for a street driven mild performance engine like yours..

3. I feel with your set up the 1.52 are good. You can run into some problem when you switch to the 1.6 rockers with clearence issues. I really don't feel it's worth the time to fit the 1.6's with your combo...

4. You will need to look at the pushrods and see what the ends look like. I am sure you would not want to hurt your new rockers with a bad set of pushrods. If you go the route of the 1.6 rockers you might have to change springs if they stack....

5. I would doubt that you will feel any difference at all. I think these rockers make a touch more noise then the stock ones...

Keith
Old 10-05-2004, 05:54 AM
WV hillbilly

Last journal entry: PTL 220CC
Last photo:

` Im not sure about the Magnums, I have a set of the Pro Mag Rockers and aside from Jesel shaft mounted Rockers these Rocker's imo are the best RR around period...

2wld4u
Old 10-05-2004, 01:27 PM

so is it absolutely necessary to replace the pushrods aswell, or just if they appear to be old and worn? do you need to remove the intake manifold to replace these or just the valve covers? how would i determine what size i would need since i dont have the complete specs on the cam (all i was told by the previous owner who built the motor was that it was a 270 duration). would i just pull one out, measure it, and buy that same size? keep in mind this is a very fresh motor so if the pushrods were new when the motor was rebuilt and the new cam and stuff was installed (which i would guess they were) then wouldnt i be able to get away with reusing the old ones? thanks again.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.