Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - questions on building a small block chevy
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 11:39 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I have plenty of room under the hood it is a 57 chevy truck. I am looking to make a strong pulling engine not at high RPM. It is a primarly to pull my other cars, but i would like to be able to unhook the trailer and dirve it on the strip. I know 1500 is not a lot but i have several other prodjects going on at the moment. so that is close to my limit at this time. I have a 6al and distributar, headers, carbs and tons of stuff for big blocks but i want a little better milage that 4 that is what i am getting now with a 496 i would like to put this engine into into my wifes nova. I have tons of stuff to trade but only 1500 cash. Do you know the part numbers of a good block and heads. I have a friend at the machine shop that does most of my work for nothing as far as balancing and honing lineboring, etc.. I am not a small block man I know very little about them. I have found a 4 bolt main block with a steel crank but the crank is worn out are all 4 bolts good or are there better ones that others?