Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Questions for the hydraulic T/O brg pros....
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31ROC View Post
This is my first hydraulic T/O brg install.....seems to have a LOT of instructions, measuring block to crank, bell to this & that, pressure plate to that....etc...which I think I understand.... but the sheet of instructions does not show where shims go? Are they behind the brg against the face of the tranny? Instructions indicate a tolerance of .150-.020 for play clearance...and it doesnt show WHERE this clearance is located? anyone else install one of these? It is a RAM clutch set, and RAM hyd. brg. Chevy 350, Muncie 4 speed....the brg cam with only 1 flex hyd line? but there are two fittings for feed, and for bleed...why onky 1 line supplied?
Lastly, do I need to have the clutch master and pedal all hookked up in order to install this brg and clutch assembly?
thanks as always!
It would make sense that the shim goes between the trans face and the bearing mount/flange. It could also install between the bearing and the bearing mount. I dont know what it looks like so I cant say for sure. Maybe post a pic of the parts.
The clearance is between the clutch cover fingers and the bearing face, with the pressure plate installed and torqued down, so fingers on pressure plate are at installed height.
1 line -- pressure in and pressure out- (depressed pedal -released pedal)
Bleed line is just that...an extension of the bleeder fitting, extended to give access with the slave installed, in case of loss of prime and for first time install.
You can mock up the clutch and slave and set up the clearance at the bearing and install the trans. Be sure the hydraulic line is installed for the master, or at least that you will be able to install it at the time the trans is put in. Good Luck