Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Questions for paint guys - body show messed up my car
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

The customer is always right, and you do not have to accept it if your not happy... it's bull saying there will always be flaws, that's like admitting that there shop guys do shoddy work and trying to cover for it like it's ok for that stuff..

I had a recent run in like this with a gas door... very simple job to paint and I took it to a shop cause I didn't have time to paint it and it wasn't going to cost much ( $50 )... they sprayed a huge run in the base and bugs in the clear.. gave it to me and of course the run and bugs in the clear were unacceptable even for a gas door so I had them try again, and they buffed the paint out with a course compound and it left visable scratches, and the run was still there.. complained again to them again, and was told it would be $25 and that I was being ridiculous as it was just a gas door...

my mom also had a problem with her old car in the shop.. deer collision.. it was sprayed a diffrent color she didn't know the code to other than it was black jade.. she told the body man, and he acknowledged, but then sprayed the color that matched the door tag, needless to say, it looked horrid being 2 colors... he refused to respray at his cost until she got back ahold of the ins ( Allstate which has a 100% gaurentee ) and let them handle it... was then color scanned with the color camera and resprayed.