Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Questions for paint guys - body show messed up my car
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 02:36 PM
V8 Beetle & Hovercrafts

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for all the ideas and help guys. I picked the car up on thrusday evening and it looked alright when I got it but as soon as it rained on sat lots of the scratches they "buffed out" started showing up all over it again. Below are a couple pictures I took of the worst spots. You can see a very scuffed up spot right above the wheel well, and another further up the seam between the bumper and fender, and also some horizontal scratches above the fender.

And now the inside door handle on they door the took apart and repaired is sticking sometimes, and i took a quick look at it and the little plastic clip in the door handle "pocket" has been broke off..............

I called the my insurance company and they said that they will try to stop payment on the $3300 check that they issued to the dealership. Unfortuantly they gave them the check before they even started the work so it may have been cashed already??? They also said that they'll send the claims adjuster out to take a look at it, they deal with this dealership a lot so maybe they'll have some pull with them???

If the insurance company can't do anything then I'll be driving to the dealership and getting a hold of the general manager and showing him the crappy job and see if he'll do anything about it. If not then I guess I'll try calling GM and filling a complaint with them, then the next step would be calling the BBB I guess.

At this point I'd rather not have the bodyshop at the dealer touch it again since it seams like they are just interested in covering up there mistakes instead of actually fixing them. I'd much rather take it to a different body shop and get an estimate to have it fixed and have them do the work, but I'm doubting the dealer would agree to pay for that???

Well wish me luck......................... I guess all of this is just more reason to paint our V8 beetle myself when the time comes............ LOL