Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Questions for paint guys - body show messed up my car
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 07:58 PM
V8 Beetle & Hovercrafts

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hello everyone, I just thought I’d give you guys an update on the bodyshop problem with my cobalt.

I ended up calling the general manager of the dealer and left a message saying that I was terribly dissatisfied with their body shop, that I bought 2 brand new cobalts from them 2 months ago and at this point I don’t see any reason why I’d ever want to bring my cars back to them ever again……

So needless to say I got a call from him pretty quickly, I started telling him my problem and he said that he’d transfer me to the body shop manager. I stopped him and told him that the reason I was calling him was that I’ve had my car back to them 3 times and still had problems so I wanted to talk to someone higher up….. I then mentioned that if he couldn’t help me I’d be calling GM corporate office and filling a complaint and also the BBB. That really seamed to get his attention and he said that he’d talk to the body shop manager and have him call me.

About 5 minutes later I got a call from him asking what my problem was, so I told him the story and that this would be the 3rd time I had to bring my car back, etc…….. He thought that we needed to have a meeting about the problem so I stopped by that day after work.

Talking to the body shop manager both on the phone and in person I could tell by the way he was acting that he thought I was just being anal about the paint job and that there wasn’t anything major wrong……….. So then I took him out to the car and plain as day he could see the problem areas standing a few feet away…… He said he didn’t know how it ever got out of the shop like that??? There were probably 10-12 spots at least the size of a deck of cards that looked like someone took some 1000grit sandpaper to the paint and dulled it up. He said that this time he’d personally make sure it was done correctly, ( you’d think he’d do that after it got brought back the 1st or 2nd time)

After talking to him it sounds like the lead body guy that was “supposed” to be taking care of me was trying to blame the problems on other people. After the 1st time I brought it back and I seen scratches all over the car he blamed it on the detailing people for not getting all the wax out of the scratches….. Well the scratches shouldn’t have been there in the first place. So then they buffed the sections again with polishing compound, but didn’t send it to detailing and gave it back to me. When I picked it up it looked good, but as soon as it rained dirt got in all the scratches that were still there……………

This time he said they’d make sure everything was buffed out and if they couldn’t get it fixed they’d repaint…….. We’ll see what happens, they’ve had my car over a day now so maybe it will actually be fixed when I get it back…. I’m crossing my fingers…..

Needless to say if you live in Central, IL I DO NOT recommend taking your car to Green Chevy in Peoria, IL for body work…………………. LOL

I'll keep you guys updated on how it turns out......