Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - questions on painting
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

questions on painting

Hello Hotrodders, I have a few questions about painting a 85 chevy shortbed pickup. My 15 y/o son and I have a 1985 chevy short bed pickup. We got it with the front clip in the bed and the engine in pieces. Since then we have put it all back together and running good, with the help from hotrodders(doublevision and cobalt327). The question I have is we are now getting some of the rust repaired and going to paint ourselves. This is our 1st time to paint a car but, I have painted other small projects in the past just not a car. We are going to due a complete paint job inside and out with under rail spray in bed liner. When we prep the car to paint what is the best way to prep under the hood insulation, inside the cab and between door jambs? It seems impossible to sand old paint off of doors in the jamb area due to peeling and small amounts of rust under hood? How can we accomplish this the easiest and most economical way? My son is 15 and loves older american made vehicles. He knows so much about 1966's to present year cars. This is not just his 1st truck, but a way that we spend time and bond together. We now got his little brother involved and away from the video games. They drive up and down our private road together like they are so cool. Any help would be aprreciated. Adrian