Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Quick Fuel 30-125 125 GPH Electric Fuel Pump
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:13 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

electric fuel pump help

i have a 64 gto im running a quick fuel 125 pump and i took the car out tonight for the first time since being restomodded after driving for about 10 minutes the car died[ i was idling when it died] no fuel in the bowl pump running low [no prime] turned off the key for 10 sec turned on the pump it primed drove home same thing happen in the drive way after a 2 min drive from the first time it died .the pump is brand new the fuel tank is stock it has #6 steel braided hose from tank to carb a procomp bullit reg a jegs fuel pressure gauge that reads 0 psi even when the pump fills the carb the pump is mounted on the right rear frame rail the car runs great when the pump feeds the carb [even though the gauge reads 0] the only other problem i also had was my alt was only putting out 12.1 volts i dont think that would cause the pump to lose its prime could it be the stock tank any help would be great thank you

Last edited by 64gto71cobra; 04-26-2011 at 09:42 PM.